E-Commerce – Virtual PoS
One of the keys of electronic commerce is the system called “Virtual PoS”.Virtual PoS is engaged when payment over the web is in question.VPoS (Virtual PoS) is a version of PoS (Point of Sale) machines and systems that we use in our traditional shoppings which allows us to commerce over the websites.In a word, we can call this Internet adopted PoS.
Using Virtual PoS, payment system and platform is set up between buyer-seller or seller-supplier.The system simply relies on the transfer of charged money for the received product or service from the buyer’s account at a bank and credit institutions, whom details are entered over the company’s website, to the company’s bank account.
Applying this system is extremely easy and toilless.Is is sufficient for a company who plans to trade its products and services over the web to first of all sign merchant and e-commerce contract with the bank where his business account exists first, then install VPoS software of the bank to its website.
Operation of Virtual PoS is quite secure, during This porcess all transactions are made digitally. It is very difficult to solve in-out transacitons with digital signature and digital certificate since security systems rely on SSL 128 bit encryption algorithm.
Benefits of using Virtual PoS for your business;
System Characteristics and Infrastructure
Fraud checks are made with two different modules, the FraudShield and the FraudAnalyzer, protecting your e-commerce revenue, hence, minimising fake orders.
Merchant Web Applications:
First of all, it is important for the merchant to have the necessary platform, i.e. to have a website and a virtual store, and host these applications on an appropriate server.
Virtual PoS Operation:
Integrating Virtual PoS to website of the merchant initiates the e-Commerce operation.
From where can I make Virtual PoS application?
3D Secure is the Assurance of Internet Commerce
Cardplus Virtual PoS Application Evaluation Criteria
The applications you are making to Cardplus is evaluated over the following criteria related to your internet store. The application of companies who do not meet these criteria is rejected.
- What is(are) Merchant site address(es)?
- Is there a product catalogue and shopping basket in the website of the merchant?
- Are the links working on the website of the merchant?
- Does the company have authorization about the logo and brands found in the website?
- Does the website of the merchant have a content about customer rights (return, cancellation and guarantee circumstances)?
- Is there any information on delivery?
- Is there “commitment to privacy and security policy“ on the website of the merchant?
- Are the products that the merchant is selling on its website appropriate to Turkish Law? (As an example; according to Turkish Law sales of the products like porn, gambling, drugs and firearms which are illegal in the physical world are subject to specific provisions.)
- Has the merchant put full descriptions about the products it is selling to its website?
- Do merchant’s name, address, telephone and fax numbers and e-mail address(es) exist in the website?
- Is the merchant going to commerce with the same Virtual PoS on its more than one websites?
Please read the above points carefully and do necessary correction to fulfill the requirements.